Las Coloradas & Rio Lagartos (Tuesday Nov 19)
Las Coloradas is a community in the Rio Lagartos Municipality, located at the northern coast of the Yucatan peninsula on a stretch of land which separates the Gulf of Mexico from the lagoon "Ria Lagartos". Huge salt evaporation ponds for sea salt extraction lie on this stretch of land, some of them showing peculiar colors due to microorganisms, like the pink lagoon. Flamingo and bird watching are common here, close to the bio reserve. The town and the pink lagoons have now become a popular attraction.
Cost: $90 USD per person
From 7:00 AM to 8:00 PM approx
• Round transportation from the hotel or meeting point (Playa del carmen)
• Drinks and snacks aboard transportation
• Boat trip through the Rio Lagartos biosphere
• Wildlife sighting (crocodiles, eagles, flamingos, cormorants, pink spatula and other exotic birds.)
• Free time in Las Coloradas and the famous pink lake.
• Natural exfoliation with clay
• Free time on the beach
• One meal with a drink
• Free time to walk around town